There is a good chance that you are thinking white tea shot is a tea. It is not. If you already know this tea, then you have probably ordered it in a bar once or twice. What if I tell you that you can make this fun drink in the comfort of your home and enjoy it alone or with family and friends? Sounds great, right?
Okay, let us get straight ahead to understand what this drink means and how to make it.
What is white tea shot?
The white tea shot is an alcoholic drink made from vodka and peach schnapps. This drink also contains some sweet and sour mix and lemon and lime soda for flavour. It is a popular drink among ladies because it tastes great and has fewer calories than the green tea shot.
The white tea shot was named as a spinoff for the green tea shot. The green tea shot is a sweet and sour mix with a greenish tinge that reminds one of a cup of green tea. Jameson, a popular global whiskey brand, invented this drink.
Both white tea shots and green tea shots are almost similar. The only difference is the latter is made from whiskey instead of vodka.
White tea shot ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed for this recipe:
Vodka is a drink that is widely loved for its neutral flavour. This makes it a great ingredient for cocktails, as you do not want any extra flavours in your drink. Since this is a white tea shot, it makes sense to use vodka as a variation from whiskey in the green tea shot.
Peach schnapps is a mild alcohol made by infusing peach flavourings into a clear-grain spirit. This will result in a sweet peach flavour bomb.
Sweet and sour mix
The sweet and sour mix is a combination of lemon juice, lime juice, sugar, and water. This mixture will result in a citrusy, sour, sweet and simple syrup. To make your own sweet and sour mix, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
Add water and sugar to a medium pot. Let it simmer over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Then add in the fresh lemon and lime juice. Allow to cool before using. This recipe can last for about a week if stored in the fridge.
Lemon and lime soda
The most popular you can find in Nigeria is Sprite. There are other options in the market as well. Choose the one you are most comfortable with.
For this recipe, you also need the following utensils:
- Cocktail Shaker
- Bar Strainer (if your cocktail shaker does not have one)
- Shot Glasses
How to make white tea shot
Now, this is how you can prepare a delicious white tea shot in just five minutes:
- Fill the cocktail shaker with ice. If you do not have a cocktail shaker, any jar with a good screw on the lid will do.
- Add in the vodka, peach schnapps, and sweet and sour mixture.
- Shake the ingredients well for about 15 seconds. Please do not add the lemon and lime soda during the shaking as you will activate the carbonation and make the mixture explode when the pressure builds.
- Once you are done shaking, strain into a shot glass 3/4 of the way.
- Then fill the rest with a splash of lemon-lime soda.
That is all. Your white tea shot is ready to be served. Easy, right? Then make your drink and have a great day!