VCH piercing is the new cool for ladies obsessed with piercings. You have probably heard of Jacob ladder piercing, a genital piercing for men. Women can pierce their genitals too. There are various versions of this piercing and they are done for several reasons.
One of them is increased sexual pleasure for the woman wearing the piercing. We shall look further into these reasons later. But it is important to note that you must conduct thorough research before getting the VCH piercing.
Therefore, this article will reveal everything you need to know about the VCH piercing. Interested? Good, let us dive in!
What is VCH piercing?
VCH is an acronym for Vertical Clitoral Hood. As the name implies, it is a piercing that runs vertically along the clitoral hood. A clitoral hood is a fold of skin that protects your clitoris, which is that tiny sensitive area at the top of your vulva, between your labia. The hood sits inside your labia for added protection.
Interestingly, the majority of the clitoris itself is found more on the inside than the outside of the female genitalia. It can stretch up to five inches inside you. This means the part you touch is just the tip. That tip or mound is called the glans and it is covered by the hood.
So, a VCH piercing is not done on the clit, but on the hood. The piercing will run vertically, hence the name, vertical. There is a horizontal one too.
How is the VCH piercing done?
First, do not get the piercing in a place that is less than sterile. The piercer should always wear gloves. They will first clean the area with an antiseptic and mark the location to be pierced with a body-safe marker.
Before, forceps or clamps were common tools for piercers. However, those are no longer in vogue as people prefer a receiving tube, a device that is placed beneath the skin of the clitoral hood. Then the piercer slides the needle through the skin and into the tube. Once a hole is made, the tube is removed and jewellery is inserted into the needle. Finally, the piercer removes the needle with the ring in place and cleans the piercing.
Note that there might be some bleeding, but it is nothing major. Wearing a good pant liner is important to prevent staining your underwear.
VCH piercing pros and cons
- Enhances sexual pleasure for both the wearer and the partner.
- Heals fast and well.
- Can stay open without jewellery.
- Does not affect lifestyle.
- Easy to conceal.
- No throbbing and aching.
- Allergic reactions to nickel or other metals inserted during the piercing.
- It can lead to serious infections such as tetanus, HIV, and hepatitis B and C if the tools are not properly sterilised or the aftercare is not properly done.
- Tearing can occur if a piercing gets caught on something or your partner is too rough during sex.
- Skin can grow over jewellery that is too small.
- You may experience piercing rejection if your body treats the jewellery as a foreign object and tries to push it out.
- The piercing can be botched, especially if you do not engage a professional piercer.
VCH piercing healing time
Healing time depends on the hood, but it is generally completely from four to eight weeks. Factors that affect the healing process include how much tissue you have, the shape of your clit and hood, and how diligent you are with your aftercare.
Speaking of aftercare, you have to be careful of what you do during recovery. Take note of the following dos and don’ts, according to Healthline:
- Do not ride bile, horse or anyone immediately after getting a VCH.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water before you touch the piercing.
- Spray or soak the piercing with saline solution, even after sex.
- Shower at least twice a day, especially if you live in a tropical area.
- Gently pat dry the clit area with a clean towel or paper towel.
- Use barrier protection like a condom with a partner or sex toy.
- If you are using lube, it should be water-based.
- Change out of sweaty or wet clothes immediately.
- Leave your jewellery in at all times.
- Do not play or let anyone else play with your piercing.
- Do not let your partner’s mouth or bodily fluids get in contact with your piercing.
- Do not have sex without using protection.
- Do not touch your piercing or allow anyone else to touch it without washing his or her hands.
- Do not use harsh soap and other substances to wash down there.
- Do not go into pools, hot tubs, lakes, or any other body of water until you are fully healed.
- Do not wear clothing that irritates your piercing.
- Do not remove your jewellery.
VCH piercing jewellery
Curved barbells are the most commonly used jewellery for VCH piercings because they are usually designed in the shape of your clit. This means the jewellery can rest comfortably, tucked away and protected from irritation while you go about your normal business. Other popular pieces of jewellery for VCH include straight barbells and beaded rings.
VCH can help get maximum pleasure during sex. However, you should take note of the aftercare instructions written above to avoid serious health problems. If you feel VCH is right for you, go to a professional piercer with a great portfolio. They will guide you to better understand the benefits and risks before undergoing the procedure.’