If you are familiar with Twitter, then you must have seen Solomon Buchi’s quotes at some point. Buchi’s work usually revolves around romantic relationships. He was a darling to many Nigerian women until 2022 when he incurred their wrath by advising men not to marry poor girls.
The controversial social media influencer is one of those who have managed to divide their fans. One party believes that he is a great life coach whose quotes have created positive impacts while the other party thinks he is just a hungry influencer trying to scam people, especially women, with his quotes. Either way, Solomon Buchi is an online celebrity and thus, deserves a biography.
Solomon Buchi biography
Solomon Buchi was born on October 20, 1995. He is from Imo State, South-East Nigeria where he attended his primary and secondary education.
Solomon Buchi career
Buchi is a writer, public speaker and life coach. Some years ago, he began posting quotes on social media, particularly on Twitter. His quotes targeted young marriages and relationships, a sentimental subject that earned him massive followership on all his social media handles. Below are some of his popular quotes.
- Never assume someone wants you or likes you until they tell you. If they don’t say it and mean it, do not assume. Stop people are naturally carefree and open. Don’t mistake it for the green light.
- Learn to be direct with people you don’t a relationship with. Don’t talk to them frequently. Don’t accept gifts. Don’t flirt with them. Be straightforward. Someone of you says no but your actions are saying yes.
- I will live and die a lover. No matter the heartbreak, I won’t let someone make me restrict myself from sharing all this love that I have to give.
- Your butt and boobs doesn’t make you sensible. Yes, lots of men will chase you because you’re sexy and beautiful but a real man wants more than just your body. Make up your mind same way you make up your face.
- If you like a guy, show him. Tell him. It doesn’t reduce your worth as a woman. Any man that takes that as demeaning to you is a wrong man.
- Have a vision. Have a purpose. Love and relationship and marriage doesn’t make you a better woman. Let a man walk into your life while you’re busy. Don’t wait for a man to come start your life for you. Make money, get an education, and travel the world. Let him meet you busy.
- Be the kind of man you want. His female version.
- See, if a man hits you, leave that relationship. Stop making up excuses to stay. A man who hits you today will kill you tomorrow if you stay.
- Don’t ever listen to society when you want to do anything that will give you happiness because somehow society cares about the male folks more than females. Patriarchy is thought of in Africa.
- Have standards when it comes to relationships and marriage and any man who cannot keep up to it shouldn’t be in your life. Most of the men who complain about your standards are those who know they can’t keep them.
Solomon Buchi’s controversies
Buchi was a sweetheart to his female followers since most of his quotes were positive things about women. That was until 2022 after he announced his engagement with his girlfriend, Arike Adeola.
He wrote a long post saying she was neither the most beautiful woman nor the most intelligent but he still chose her. The post garnered a lot of criticism as many felt he insulted his girlfriend. A lot of commenters, especially women, even went as far as advising his fiancee to call off the engagement because she deserved better. However, Buchi stood his ground and refused to retract his statement.
In addition to the post which many felt was humiliating for his woman, Buchi advised men not to date “poor women” because they are “golddiggers”. This post fueled another bout of criticism from his female followers and women, in general, with some posting direct messages he had reportedly sent them asking for money, as a way of exposing him as a hypocrite.
Buchi courted controversy again in September 2022, when he announced that his engagement with his fiancee has been called off, barely two months after proposing. He alleged his fiancee left him after listening to advice from social media followers. As usual, many mocked him for losing his fiancee with a “stupid” post. But barely 24 hours later, Buchi made another post debunking his earlier news about breaking off his engagement, saying it was a prank he played on naysayers who wanted to destroy his relationship.
‘Love’ letter details
Below is the full love letter Buchi wrote to his fiancee that created a social media buzz for the wrong reasons:
“You’re not the most beautiful woman; neither are you the most intelligent woman, but I’ve chosen to never find perfection in anyone else. I put my gaze on you, and with that commitment, we would mould ourselves for ourselves. Our perfection is in our commitment.
“Stating that you’re not the most beautiful/intelligent might sound like it’s not a compliment, yeah? But it’s a realistic base for real love. Acknowledging that my woman isn’t the best, but I’m not looking for the best. I was looking for you and I found you. There’s no best, there is just someone you choose and see the best in them. This to me is the real love.
Not the one that consoles itself in the faux reality that their partner is the most good-looking, most intelligent, most successful person in the world. That’s disingenuous and doesn’t give room for love to thrive. My love for you isn’t about you being the best, it’s about you being you. There’s just no other you.
I love you, ayanfe. I’m committed to you. I miss you so much!!! But my love for you is stronger than distance.”
Solomon Buchi’s net worth
There is no official estimate on Solomon Buchi’s net worth, but unverified reports say it is between N10-N20 million His income mostly comes from his gigs as a social media influencer, writer and public speaker.
Solomon Buchi’s wife
Arike Adeola is Solomon Buchi’s wife. The couple became engaged on June 20, 2022, and got married in 2023.
Adeola is a social media influencer, just like Buchi.
ALSO READ: Berby Picxy: Biography, TikTok videos, song
Solomon Buchi age
Buchi was born on October 20, 1995. This means he will be 27 years old in October 2023.
Solomon Buchi and Bobrisky
On February 23, 2023, Buchi called out popular Nigerian crossdresser, Bobrisky, for mocking James Brown, who travelled to the United Kingdom to study. However, Bobrisky clapped back, accusing Buchi of begging him for money a long time ago.
Buchi did not take this lying low and took to his Instagram page to accuse Bobrisky of allegedly trying to swindle him after working for him. Sharing screenshots of the chats between them, Buchi revealed that it was Bobrisky who hired him to help him write captions for his posts. The crossdresser had previously offered to gift the influencer N100,000 after the Nollywood actress, Tonto Dike promised to give the latter N150,000 to buy a new phone.
“With you, I slashed my price to a miserly amount. I charged 30k per article there years ago, but you wanted me to write 12 pieces for you for 35k a month. Lmao. Meanwhile, you were in Dubai, flaunting money, leftover food and ostentatiousness. But you can’t pay me 100k as of 3 years ago. At some point, I decided to do a few write-ups for free for you. You’re obtuse because if you weren’t, you’d realize I did it so I’ll pay you back, cos you felt cos you gave me 100k meant you own my skill,” part of the lengthy post read.
Buchi said Bobrisky was famous but irrelevant and told the crossdresser to drown in his low self-esteem.