Infinix Hot 10 mobile was launched in Amber Red, Moonlight Jade, Obsidian Black, and Ocean Wave colours on September 21, 2020. On its unveiling, the brand was the company’s latest device in the Hot series following the launch of the Hot 9 series earlier in the year. The product hit Nigeria soon after without fanfare as the users were already anticipating its arrival.
Best Infinix Hot 10 mobile phone features for Nigerians
The phone, which is available in two variants including the regular Hot 10 and the Hot 10 Lite, comes with a 6.78-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1640 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20.5:9. Infinix Hot 10 is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio G70 processor and it comes with 6GB of RAM.
The rear camera (with an autofocus setup) is packed with a 16-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.85 aperture; a 2-megapixel camera; a 2-megapixel camera and a Low Light camera. For selfies, the front side of the phone has an 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.0 aperture.
Connectivity options on the phone include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth v5.00, Micro-USB, FM radio, 3G, and 4G. Sensors include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor.
The Infinix Hot 10 runs XOS 7.0 and is based on Android 10. It has 128GB of inbuilt storage, and with a dedicated slot, it can be expanded via a microSD card (up to 256GB). The phone comes with a dual-SIM mobile that accepts Nano-SIM cards. The Infinix Hot 10 measures 171.10 (height) x 77.60 (width) x 8.88mm (thickness). It weighs 204.00 grams.
How much is…
In Lagos, Nigeria, the lowest price the Infinix Hot 10 sold for in Naira was N37, 500 and that was on July 7, 2021, while the highest price was N146, 000 on October 2, 2021, a day after the country’s Independence celebration. Currently, the price ranges between N50, 500, and N137, 999 depending on the grade, location, and outlet.
Where to get one…
You can purchase online through Jumia, Konga, Jiji, Pointek, Slot, 3C hub, Amazon, eBay, or GSM Store NG. For offline purchases, you can visit any Slot outlet closest to you or any other reputable store around you.
So, what’s inside the Infinix Hot 10 starter pack? Well, you will see:
- the device
- 10W power brick and USB cable
- a set of earphones
- Sim ejector tool
- a plastic case
- a screen protector
- warranty, user guide information booklets
Now that you have your own Infinix Hot 10, let’s tell you a problem you may likely encounter. Well, with this brand, it’s rather a challenge.
You often hear some users say: “I love the phone, but what I dislike about it is its battery life. It should last for at least four days instead of two”.
Infinix Hot 10 comes with a 5200mAh battery that promises to offer two days battery life with light use. Remember, ‘with light use’.
However, here’s how to surmount the challenge for heavy users in Nigeria:
- Uninstall any kind of antivirus or phone cleaner application on your Infinix Hot 10
- What do you need a GPS for when you are indoors? Do you want to navigate, safely, from your bedroom to the kitchen? Please, turn it off
- Avoid using third-party apps because they contain malware that drains your phone’s battery
- Always keep your phone brightness on average, say between 30 and 60 percent
- Do not use the mobile while charging it
- If you are not using Bluetooth or Hotspot, always keep them turned off
- If any kind of software update comes in your Infinix Hot 10, then update it
- Sync may be convenient, but it is a serious battery drainer. Disable it
- Infinix Hot 10 comes with inbuilt Power saving and ultra-power saving modes. They are not for decoration. Activate either of the two when the need arises
- Clear the app cache for all apps that might be misbehaving
Above all, don’t forget to keep a charger and power bank handy!
But what if the challenge has nothing to do with the battery but the originality of the phone? With the widespread use of technology, the market is saturated with a lot of brands, making counterfeit phones easy to produce even for a kindergarten.
Thankfully, the customer care support for Infinix is provided by Carlcare. The company has a solution for you to check whether your Infinix Hot 10 was not made by a wannabe. They have a branch in Lagos. You can reach them on 09036003533 (Mobile Phone), WhatsApp: +6531292241, and Email： [email protected].
[NB: We are assuming you bought the phone, in person, without checking its serial number. It’s called the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number. Or you viewed the Infinix Hot 10 online without asking the vendor to forward the phone’s IMEI number before making a purchase.]
You need to check if you can access the electronic warranty card. The card is a way of registering the warranty information for mobile phone users. If you can access the electronic card for your Infinix Hot 10, it means your phone is original.
Use these three easy steps to check for the electronic warranty card for your Infinix.
- Download the Carlcare app
- Select the country where you are using the device
- Tap on Me, then select warranty card
- If you can see the electronic warranty card with details including the expiration date, phone model, etc., then, gladly, your phone is not a fake.
- And if it’s not original?
- Well, use these three, not so easy, steps:
- Return the Infinix Hot 10 to where you purchased it and get a full refund (so help you, God!)
- Report the counterfeit sale to the police, the genuine brand owner, and any other relevant authorities ASAP
- Shine your eye well well which in Queen’s English means “look before you leap”
And that’s quite easy!